When booting CentOS RedHat Linux for the first time, you are presented with a wizzard to configure the system before it is ready to use.
*Disclaimer: This configuration of CentOS is for use in a development environment only and is not recommended for production use.
- Click Forward on the Welcome screen.
- Select Disabled and click Forward.
- Click Yes to override any existing Firewall configuration.
- Select Disabled and click Forward for our development environment.
- Click Yes to override any existing SELinux settings.
- Date and Time
- Select the Network Time Protocol tab.
- Check the Enable Network Time Protocol checkbox.
- Expand Show advanced options
- Check the Synchronize system clock before starting service checkbox.
- Click Forward.
- Create User
- Click Forward to skip creating a user. We will use the root account.
- Click Continue to accept that we don't want to create a personal user.
- Sound Card
- Click Forward to accept the default sound card settings.
- Additional CDs
- Click Finish to finish configuring CentOS.
- Click OK to reboot for some of our settings to take effect.
CentOS is now configured. Be sure to update CentOS with all the latest updates before use.